Today is Thanksgiving here in Canada. I’m not sure why our Thanksgiving is on a different date than for our American friends but it is what it is.
Aside from wanting to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Thanksgiving, I wanted to take a minute…or five to think about all the things I’m thankful for.
First and foremost, I’m thankful for my family, immediate and extended. I do have a great family, if I do say so myself 🙂
- My husband is… extraordinary, stupendous, phenomenal [Note: He’d have to be to put up with the likes of me]. I could go on but I will spare you.
- My girls (aka First and Second born) are smart, funny and beautiful. I’ll love them forever!
- My mom is Wonder Woman! That is the best explanation I can give. I am always in awe.
- My sister is the best sister ever. I love her, my brother-in-law and my niece and nephew to no end.
- My in-laws (all of them, including my two nephews) are all amazing [I feel very lucky to have such great in-laws that I love to death — Mother-in-law included!].
- My Cosin, NO, I did not misspell that (it’s an inside joke), is awesome. OCH!!!
I’m thankful for having such great friends. As one of my oldest friends always says, “Friends are the family you choose”. I love my real life friends and am lucky to have them. I also love my “virtual” friends: my Brit friends, my book bestie and the Unicorn Riders. You ladies put a little fun into my everyday.
I’m thankful for having relatively good health, I’m working hard at taking my meds the way I’m supposed to [This is easy for most people but for some reason this is a real task for me].
I’m thankful that both my husband and I have jobs that we enjoy. Jobs that allow us to have a beautiful home, food to eat and all the good things in life that we enjoy. This includes all the books that I love to read and chat about.
I’m sure there are so many other things that I’m thankful for that I’m forgetting to mention here – I’ll probably remember them all as soon as I post this.